|Fund Name||CI Chicago Opportunity Zone I|
|Fund Manager or Organizer(s)||Capital Investors|
Affordable Housing, Commercial Real Estate, Economic Development, Mixed-use Development, Multifamily Residential, Small Business Development, Workforce Housing
|Additional Fund Details||Our focus is in the Value-Add Class B workforce housing space in the Chicago MSA.|
Our experienced real estate team has created a fund that will make qualifying real estate investments within newly designated Opportunity Zones.
• CI Chicago Opportunity Zone I is designed to capture the long-term tax benefits of Opportunity Zone investing while paying out current income from cash-flowing properties.
• The CI management team intends to acquire, improve, and manage a portfolio of real estate properties in Chicago’s South Shore where we are one of the largest owners of multifamily properties.
• CI has a long history of successfully investing in class B and C multifamily, cash flowing assets with growth potential. We utilize a vigorous three-phase underwriting process that allows us to close deals quickly and know when to walk away.
• On average, we look at 20-30 assets before we acquire a property.
• Our local presence and experience provide an advantage with most of our assets purchased off-market. Since we have a leading position in the South Shore, we get first look at many assets before they hit the market.
• Our fund will include value-add projects that are cash flowing from day one. Also, because of the type of assets we purchase, we are able to produce above-average returns before factoring in the Opportunity Zone tax benefits.